One of the most common challenges for adoptive families is overcoming the myth that adoption is not affordable. The hundreds of families who have adopted through Covenant Care will testify that the cost of adoption is not as insurmountable as it may at first seem!
As a ministry, we are committed to keeping our adoption fees among the lowest in Georgia. Did you know that on average the fees our adoptive families pay cover only about one third of what it actually costs us to make an adoption happen? The remaining two thirds comes from donors and fundraising events across the state. Beyond this, the placement fees that our adoptive families pay are on a sliding scale based on income. We understand what it takes to make adoption affordable!
Other Suggested Resources
- Federal Adoption Tax Credit ($13,360 for tax year 2011)
- Family Fundraising Events (for ideas see the book, Adopt Without Debt)
- Interest-Free Loan Programs, such as The Abba Fund
- Church Adoption Funds
- Ministries Providing Fundraising & Grant Resources, such as Show Hope, The Zoe Foundation, and Lifesong for Orphans
- Employer Adoption Benefits (see the Dave Thomas Foundation’s list of adoption-friendly workplaces)