How can I afford adoption?
One of the most common challenges for adoptive families is overcoming the myth that adoption is not affordable. The hundreds of families that have adopted through Covenant Care will testify that the cost of adoption is not as insurmountable as it seems!
As a ministry, we are committed to keeping our adoption fees among the lowest in Georgia. Our adoptive families typically pay only about 1/3 of what it costs to make an adoption happen. The remaining 2/3 comes from donors and fundraising events. Beyond this, the placement fees that our adoptive families pay are on a sliding scale based on income. We understand what it takes to make adoption affordable!
Other Suggested Resources:
- Federal Adoption Tax Credit ($13,570 for tax year 2017)
- Family Fundraising Events (for ideas see the book, Adopt Without Debt)
- Interest-Free Loan Programs, such as The Abba Fund
- Church Adoption Funds
- Ministries Providing Fundraising & Grant Resources, such as Promise686, Chosen for Life Ministries, Show Hope, JSC Foundation, and Lifesong for Orphans
- Crowdfunding sites such as AdoptTogether
- Southern Baptist Convention’s Adoption Fund for Ministers
- Employer Adoption Benefits (see the Dave Thomas Foundation’s list of adoption-friendly workplaces)
- Some healthcare cost sharing ministries, such as Christian Care Ministry / Medi-Share.